Sunday, October 10, 2010

Il Dolce Far Niente

Is what i am enjoying at the moment. Haha, go google or watch Eat Pray Love to find out what it means. As you can guess, i've just watched it, and it was good. I liked it anyway- go watch it quickly so i can have someone to discuss it with :) I think i liked the 'eat' part of the show best, not necessarily because i consider food to be my greatest joy in life [i think that would have to be talking HAHA (I was attempting sarcasm btw)], but because that particular part was based in Italy. I love Italy. It's definitely in my top 5 favourite places in the world, and i felt the movie portrayed Italy in all its gorgeous-ness haha. It totally made me want to go back again, at the very least.

The other parts were nice too, in their own way; 'pray' was incredibly emotional as can be expected, while it was nice to see the lead character begin to have some sort of understanding of life in 'love'. I think the actors did a great job, (James Franco is hot!), and the sad and funny moments in a really relatable storyline just did it for me.

Anyway, i'm beginning to get far too used to doing nothing HAHA. Yeah i know, i still complain that i'm bored and all, but for the most part, i've settled into a routine. Of basically doing nothing. Haha, i sleep like half my day away, and spend the other half reading or watching TV. Of course i still eat and shower and all, i haven't reached the no-hope point yet lah, but you get the idea. I'm now able to fill my day for the most part, with doing completely useless things. Lol, i really have no idea what is going to happen or how i'm going to cope when i start classes full time again. We'll see. Haha, i haven't even been crocheting and knitting much lately, and i totally blame it on the fact that they're not challenging to me anymore (or that i'm not very focused at the moment!).

BUT, i recently came across this blog, newdressaday, and i was so so inspired! It's amazing how she has managed to transform an item of clothing everyday, for almost year. I remember mentioning to someone one that i would love to be able to sew, (i can lah, but my sewing now is like my knitting before- crap. So i don't consider being able to do it :p) , so NOW feels like the ideal opportunity to pick it up :D AND, while talking to my mom about it, i discovered we actually own a sewing machine :DD Even more reason for me to pick it up now :DDD Wish me luck! (I have no idea what my first project is going to be yet. Suggestions please? =))

Since this is a holiday post, and my posts have been so wordy lately, here's some piccies i'm pretty sure you've already seen! Haha, wth, all in the name of making my blog more colourful :p

Ka-Mun, Pei San and I at Old Town


Enriched chocolate <3>

*sings* I'm loving it!
(l-r: Ee Mee, Boon, Wei June and Ka-Mun)

Boon, Me and Wei June.
Reminds me an awful lot of this photo taken in sem 3

Dunno what i had to laugh about so much also.
But also very reminiscent of this photo

Wei June, Me and Pei San.
Ah, our good ol' car photos :)
Back to the present

Korean BBQ *yums*

Kim-Chi!

Full!!!

Haha, that's it folks! Will update y'all on my sewing adventures (or misadventures!) soon. Good night!

2 comments:

  1. haha. go sew some nice clothes to wear in UQ.

    btw, your pictures... i think my face really grew fatter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i was looking a all the sewing patterns and all. Looks quite hard :S
    Haha, emmm, a bit lah i think but it's not super significant. I *think*.

    ReplyDelete