Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's 2.25 am

That used to be not THAT late by my standards, especially during study break and all, but since the hols i've been sleeping relatively early, so i would say it's pretty late for me right now. However, i am in a contemplate-ish mood, and this is a completely impromptu and random post, so bear with me.

To be honest, I HATE blogging. Expressing my thoughts, views and i suppose to a certain extent, life on a public platform just feels so self-indulgent and narcissistic, and i do think i'm bad enough as it is. Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against bloggers or people who blog. In fact, i've now come to realise that it really isn't easy at all writing a blog, so their ability to do so is admirable. I just feel awkward writing a blog. Yeah, i do know i've only written one post which was all of er, 4-5 lines? So, how could i possibly draw such a strong conclusion, "I HATE blogging", so soon you ask? Well, I've been trying, seriously, but it just isn't working.

In addition, i haven't been writing, well, stuff, or at least things that focus more on the flow or writing style rather than just content, in ages. The last time i probably did so was in school, and that was years ago, so it is highly likely i'm more than a little rusty. But i really did love writing in school, and i was pretty good at it! (Haha, i did say i was narcissistic enough already.) But seriously, when i re-read my old work, i do think some of the stuff i wrote back then really wasn't bad at all.

I loved english, and i still do, so it really is quite sad that i never continued writing. And yes, i do realise i am 'expressing' myself now, but this is just ranting, which is different, trust me. Still, i do hope that if i rant enough about how much i hate blogging, i'll get it out of my system and come to love blogging or at least tolerate being able to do it. Reverse psychology, self-imposed :) Afterall, this blog is suppose to mark a new-ish beginning, so i just need to pull myself out of this hating-blog-writing funk. If all else, at least i will improve my writing and english (hopefully!)

2 comments:

  1. LOL mt!!! its interesting to read the way you write! cause well, everyone has their own distinct style right? Hope you get over your 'hate' for blogging, then I'll have more pages to read when I go online! haha!!! selfish HAHA but I do like reading! I think the layout isn't very you though! you can change it! it's simple! or I can help you anytimeeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i'm trying to be less negative!! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete