Friday, July 16, 2010

First step over, one step closer

I passed my driving theory! Haha, seems like such a small victory, but it is one step closer to obtaining my driving license. Turns out i now have to do another course, a 6 hour practical one this time, consisting of 3 hours in the classroom and another 3 hours outside. Yet another whole day of stoning and blurness (all in Malay!) :( If i'm not wrong, this is a pretty new implementation, so if i had taken my driving stuff earlier on, i would not have needed to attend this new additional 6 hour course, FML.

So, like i said, i passed my driving theory today, and i went through the 5 hour theory course without understanding a thing. Literally. It was carried out completely in Malay, but that's not my current grouse. I went through a course supposedly to educate me on safe driving without understanding almost anything, only started 'studying' this morning (my driving instructor gave me an english book), took my test at midday, and STILL managed to pass the theory test. All the odds were against me. I'm not saying this shows i'm exceptionally smart, i'm not. It just culminates in me not having much faith in this whole system in producing safe and knowledgeable drivers. Even if i wanted to study more, the information just wasn't available to me. (I went through the whole english book.)The malay book had a lot more information, and in my defense, i did try to read it, but let's just say my understanding may not have been quite correct. Anyhow, there's still the practical stuff to do, so i'll just have to see how that goes before drawing a conclusion.

On a positive note, i am beginning to get used to blogging- the words flow a lot easier now, and it doesn't feel so awkward anymore, so i guess i will continue 'blogging'. Like everything else in life, the first step is always the hardest for me, and i always feel so tempted to quit then, or just ignore the possibility, but knowing myself, i just need to push myself through that first hurdle and it'll be fine. And i'd LIKE to think that once i've made a decision, i will see it through :) So my post's tittle pretty much alludes to both my driving stuff and my blog- i feel i've overcome my first and biggest obstacle :)

Haha, since this is such a wordy post, i'm ending it with this random pic of a lorry i saw one day.


Hahaha, i apparently provide the best home appliance repair service. Nationwide, k. Don't mess! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. meiting! i'm back from the land of nasi dagang!! hahaha been so 'away' from the internet it almost feels weird to come online nowadays. oh see how my life has changed HAHA :) but i think its healthier hehe!

    congrats on passing your driving! dont worry too much lah i think its just common sense. at least that's what I remembered about sitting the test :DDD and the last picture is super LOL loh!! "Together We Give You the Best Service" XDD not bad woh the taglineee... isn't it hard to repair home appliances nationwide??? must be a pretty huge company! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, i wondered where you went hahaha. Lol, where IS the land of nasi dagang? Haha, lol, i think my total time spent online is less too but er...i'm indifferent to it! Hahaha

    Hmm, thanks! But i'm just scared loh, cause like i now know the knowledge they expect of drivers is very low, so like er, there may be a lot of unsafe drivers! I like the line underneath, "With TMT, you are assured." LOL!!

    ReplyDelete