Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sw-owh-llen

I've extracted my lower third molars!! :D Haha, and I did it in one session, which in retrospect, I admit, is a lil crazy. Um....and I'm happy because it's over? HAHA. I'm not healing as fast as I'd like to though- my face is still very swollen and sore, I can hardly open my mouth, and I can't chew. Still, there's no real pain which I'm thankful for. In fact, I remember the extractions of my upper first premolars ( for braces) as being more painful, but they healed a LOT faster. I do miss 'normal' food though, and am really craving a burger at the moment :S and right now, it feels like I'll never be able to eat normal food again HAHA.

But seriously, it's hard surviving on a liquid-ish diet (porridge, soups, ice creams, jellies), not just because of its taste/ texture/ palatableness, but on a purely nutritional standpoint. Haha, I threw up three times the day after my extraction because of gastritis. Finally figured out eating cream crackers (they sorta dissolve in your mouth) throughout the day, in between the other stuff, REALLY helps :) Doubt I'm still getting adequate nutrition, which makes me feel lethargic, but I really don't know what else I can eat HAHA.

Haha, re-reading this, it actually sounds so bad, but really, it's not THAT bad. It could be worse. I just really hate having a swollen face haha. It makes me feel so....big. And I have this irrational fear the swelling will never go down. But I *think* that's just me being neurotic. On the bright side, I'm glad I extracted both the lower thirds together. Haha, after going through one extraction, I would probably have been really reluctant to go through another extraction on a separate day. It wasn't really painful, but the procedure just took so long, and it was uncomfortable. I had oral sedation though, which I had to get from a hospital. It was basically diazepam, and er, I found out diazepam doesn't really have much of an effect on me haha. I can't really remember what we learnt from dr. Aichike's lecture, but according to the dentist, it was supposed to me make sorta drowsy and less conscious of the whole procedure. And er, I could still feel the dentist cutting up my tooth, and picking out the pieces. Especially the last bit of tooth-I sorta felt the root being pulled away from the alveolar bone, but it didn't hurt!! Gooooo LA! :DDD

Oh, my occlusion has also temporarily changed for now too. From what I've been reading online, it's normal. Haha, I also have a pretty big bruise on me left jaw- it looks like I got socked by someone LOL! Would totally post up a pick of myself, but this post was done entirely on an iPad, and it's just too bothersome to transfer a pic into the iPad to post it. And yes, this isn't the most coherent post I've written, and if I'm contradictory and whiny, just blame it on the meds :) I'm on quite a bit. Wish me luck for a speedier recovery! <3

3 comments:

  1. go buy some protein powder?? or high nutrients drink?... or maybe some banana milk shake or oats. surely they will keep you full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe yea dint know wei june was giving some advise here but yea :) do try to eat/drink well. hope u dont get to skinny mei ting..cause u already are..aiyo poor thing. hope u'll be ok soooonn k. ohw ya anecal-milk-powder is good i think.mum had it during chemo last time. haha take mei ting!! and see u sooon (haha not so soon but soon enough to say soon) in brisbane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words and advice guys <3 I can sorta eat solids now, so much better :DDD I think i was just so fed up of liquids that i ranted. Hope you have good trips sabrina, see you sooon in brisbane!! I'll see you sooner wei june lol. Take care!

    ReplyDelete